[nc-idn] Re: Scheduling a telecon call for IDN item on the NC agenda
- To: "Gomes, Chuck" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [nc-idn] Re: Scheduling a telecon call for IDN item on the NC agenda
- From: Tan Tin Wee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:45:23 +0800
- CC: "'Patrik Fältström'" <email@example.com>, Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>, Martin@leonis.nus.edu.sg, Cynthia <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bret Fausett <email@example.com>, Marilyn Cade <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Palage <email@example.com>, Masanobu.Katoh@leonis.nus.edu.sg, ICANN Board <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Kane@leonis.nus.edu.sg, Pat <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hollenbeck@leonis.nus.edu.sg, Scott <email@example.com>, YJ Park (MINC) <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Shigeki Goto <email@example.com>, Newell@leonis.nus.edu.sg, Tom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <3CD14E451751BD42BA48AAA50B07BAD6015101B2@vsvapostal3.prod.netsol.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
I can make the date and time.
I am ok for any time from 29 Nov to 3 Dec.
I can talk about various topics
a. Administration and Management of IDN TLDs:
Language or script, one size doesn't fit all;
Will the Legacy TLD-unified roots survive or
will there be OpenNIC-type inclusive root models?
one language one script one country = Hebrew/Israel Ancient Icelandic/Iceland
One language many scripts one country = Japan
one script many languages some countries = Han characters-Chinese=Japanese=Korean
Latin characters - latin based languages
one script many languages many countries = Arabic script-Arabic/Farsi/Urdu
one script many fonts one language no country = Tamil with no specific country
where Tamilians are majority
one script one language no country = Klingon, Tolkein languages etc
b. IDNA interoperability testing
and whatever emergent IETF standards
c. Application/Vendor-independent Internet keywords or
overlapping colliding keyword namespaces?
Future scenarios of above-DNS layers of Internet names
by Dr Tan Tin Wee
Vice Chairman, MINC
Please let me know which,
"Gomes, Chuck" wrote:
> I am not restricted to making this happen by 4 December. I would be glad to
> arrange it after that if it works for other people.
> The number of people involved in the call has become so large that it may be
> impossible to find a good time for everyone or even most. If a commonly
> workable time is not found, maybe we should schedule it at a name that many
> can make and then you can have someone take good minutes (maybe even record
> it) and then distribute the minutes for further online discussion.
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Patrik Fältström [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> > Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 5:18 AM
> > To: Elisabeth Porteneuve; email@example.com
> > Cc: Chuck Gomes, VeriSign; Bret Fausett; Marilyn Cade; Michael Palage;
> > Masanobu Katoh, ICANN Board; firstname.lastname@example.org; Pat Kane,
> > VeriSign; Scott
> > Hollenbeck, VeriSign; Tinwee Tan, MINC
> > Subject: RE: Scheduling a telecon call for IDN item on the NC agenda
> > --On 2001-11-27 09.13 +0100 Elisabeth Porteneuve
> > <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr> wrote:
> > > It seems that we have only TWO TIME options, (A) and (B), see below.
> > > The DATE options are:
> > > (1) Thursday 29 November (the best choice for this week
> > > according to your answers)
> > > (2) Monday 3 December or the last chance Tuesday 4 December
> > > (this one suits better Chuck, currently travelling).
> > >
> > > I would like to give the choice of TIME and DATE to speakers,
> > > who are going to be, listed from West to East:
> > > a. Pat Kane or Scott Hollenbeck, VeriSign (US East Coast, UTC-5)
> > > b. Patrik Falstrom, IETF (Europe, UTC+1)
> > > c. Tinwee Tan, MINC (Singapore, UTC+8)
> > I can not participate at any of these dates.
> > Things have to be scheduled with me much more in advance than this.
> > paf