Re: [wg-c] Cartesian rationalism v. Internet evolution

At 05:48 PM 7/08/1999 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:

>I think we have a good idea now of what kind of philosophy motivates
>your policy proposals. It may be shared by some, but it is not a
>philosophy that most people on this working group are likely to
>accept. Can we start discussing concrete proposals that are
>acceptable to the majority of the group?

Kent will call this "the tyranny of the majority".

BTW, Kent I am still waiting for your rationale for having a planned TLD
space, vs. a TLD space driven by freedom of enterprise (i.e. real
competition).
I do not think Domain name registrants are interested in a "non-profit"
planning authority if this means enforcement of overly restrictive registry
policies against them.
What benefit would registrants have from a planned TLD space?

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org