Re: [wg-c] Unique DNS Root or "usability", question for Tony

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 12:41:03PM -0500, A.M. Rutkowski wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> >The text of the IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root appeared under
> >Brian Carpenter's name on September 27th.
>
> Actually, these appear to be only Brian's personal opinions, if
> you check the IAB minutes:
> http://info.internet.isi.edu/IAB/IABmins.990914

Those minutes, in fact, confirm that the statement was a product of
the entire IAB:

  Consensus that we still need a statement on the requirement for a
  unique DNS root.  Needs to be completed, and send to ICANN list.

Note the words "consensus" and "we".

It was completed and sent to ICANN.

> >Feel free to share your reasoning
> >that partition, or the and leaf-node and egress router (end-users and ISPs)
> >"usability" are instances of rules as likely to be obsoleted as your choice
> >of examples.
>
> My views are adequately expressed at:
> http://www.superroot.com/

You exhibit a remarkable consistency -- that site contains absolutely
no real information about the "SuperRoot Consortium" -- it's just
another "no one knows you're a dog" web site, claiming to represent
the world...

Whois gives a little more info:

The SuperRoot Consortium (SRC) (SUPERROOT6-DOM)
   P.O. Box 920804
   Sylmar, CA 91392-0804
   US

   Domain Name: SUPERROOT.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Higgs, Simon  (SH89)  simon@HIGGS.NET
      310-900-6116 No Fax
   Billing Contact:
      Higgs, Simon  (SH89)  simon@HIGGS.NET
      310-900-6116 No Fax

   Record last updated on 05-Nov-1999.
   Record created on 05-Apr-1999.
   Database last updated on 23-Nov-1999 13:34:44 EST.

Strangely enough, the listed address is precisely the same as Simon
Higgs address:

B/home/kent[2]whois sh89

Higgs, Simon (SH89)             simon@HIGGS.NET
   Higgs Communications
   P.O. Box 920804
   Symar, CA 91392-0804
   310-900-6116 No Fax

   Record last updated on 12-Apr-1999.
   Database last updated on 23-Nov-1999 13:34:44 EST.