[wg-c] Non Destructive Testing (SNT)

Dear Colleagues:

Permit me to post a little redirect to Milt's comments on Dr. Bray's
homily, "One test is worth three expert opinions."

There are some pretty tight limits on what one is permitted to test.  There
are stories about the testing performed on humans during the dark ages of
WWII.  Today, we have tight limits on genetic research.  For reasons often
good, occasionally ill conceived, society puts limits on what kinds of
tests are proper to take.

Years ago, I spoke before chapters of the Society for Non Destructive
Testing.  SNT, as it called, includes fluorescent penetrant, x-ray
inspection and a raft of procedures used in the aerospace industry.

Dr. Bray had a name for tests which destroyed the sample, "It's sorta like
the possum, he ain't much good after you've skinned him once or twice!"

That analogy could be applied to Milt's proposal to try one or more of
every combination and permutation of models posted here (all except the
delegation of no gTLDs at all, which was a proposal to do nothing.)

Once delegated, innocent third parties will register names, put up web
sites, link them to other web sites and be linked from other web sites by
innocent fourth parties.  If and when it becomes clear that a particular
option was ill advised, it will be very upsetting to a lot of folk,
innocent parties of the fifth degree of separation.  They will be upset,
not at wg-c, of which they are totally unaware, but at a substantial part
of this Internet of which we are so dear.

Let's test, but be selective about what we test.

Regards, BobC

"One test is worth three expert opinions!"
Ulric B. Bray