Re: [wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

> I'm not hostage taking. I'm arguing vehemently against your scenario, as I
> find it a monopoly creation.

Non-profit is just as much a monopoly as for-profit.

And, to put the whole thing to rest, NSI has a for-profit registry, and has
just been granted it for 4, perhaps 8 years. To limit new registries to
non-profit only would be giving NSI the only for-profit registry. That
is, to this non-lawyer, a huge antitrust violation.

You can argue as vehemently against for-profit as you like, but the
plain facts are that it's too late - it's here and it's here to stay.

I could argue that since the for-profit already exists, and is the ONLY
model in operation now, it should be the only model allowed at all.

I won't argue that, however, as I feel it's only fair to allow BOTH
models.

Christopher