RE: [wg-c] Short Position Paper

On 13-Oct-99 Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> [...]

All of that aside, I would support an escrow requirement on the
data, and clauses in the contracts between ICANN and Registries
that require the registry to comply with secure third party escrow,
and specify that the TLD, the data, and any intellectual property
rights associated with the TLD and data, be assigned to ICANN for
reassignment should the Registry be in breach of contract, become
insolvent, or otherwise be unable or unwilling to operate the TLD
Registry any longer.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934