RE: [wg-c] compromise proposal

A quick response

Why not to follow the registrar test bed process and let's start with one
TLD per registry:

1- Create a "charter" for the test bed registries:
	Technical aspects
	Human ressources
	Finances ......
- Something close to the test bed registrar accreditation and during the
test bed period review this document

2- Call for applications: Select 5 test bed registries

3- Make a call for an neutral "kind of interop center" to test the
registration and the technical process Or call for registrars to start the
registration in the new TLDs

3- Run the test bed for a first period of 4 months,

4 - Check if everything is running well

The only problem I left, and I think will be the most difficult to fix: Who
will decide which TLD will be introduced? The ICAN board? The registries
itself? the DNSO ?

Jean-Michel Bécar
becar@etsi.fr
http://www.etsi.org