RE: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

> My "opinion" is from repeated analyses of fair and reasonable
> pricing,
> based on legitimate costs.  Several different people have
> done the analysis
> and come up with the same answer.
>
> Anything above US$10 is not just too high but is absurdly too
> high.  More
> reasonable is US$2-5.

Dave,

An old marketing hack once clued me in to a truism. I am now giving you
the same clue. Something is worth exactly what someone else will pay for
it, regardless of cost. Not a penny more nor a penny less. If the cost
is low, then that defines the margins. If the cost is higher, then that
defines the losses.

Any two-bit book keeper can calculate the cost margins on a going
concern. Forecasting costs on a new concern is a finer art. However, to
take those cost guestimates and then say that it is a fair
representation of the market price is a fallacy. One that amatures
(non-professionals) make on a continuous basis.

Do you charge for services based on your cost of providing those
services? If you do then come see me for a contract. I'll find suitable
work for you and pay you accordingly. I'm probably correct in thinking
that you'd rather charge the going rate instead. If your cost of
providing those services are that high then I want to be your
accountant, your bleeding cash everywhere.