Re: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

> This points out one of the many problems I see with performance
> guarantee contracts -- it fosters a legal arms race, where registries
> try to come up with creative interpretations of those contracts, and
> ICANN is lost in continual low-grade legal warfare with the entities
> it is supposed to regulate.
>
> Such a scheme is sure to either fail, or lead to a large-scale
> expensive bureaucracy for ICANN.  Neither of these are desirable.

Then what do you propose?

Re-bidding only limits the time that this arms race can take place,
probably making it even more frenzied.

Mandating non-profit just means that the monopoly shunts the
money into the salaries of its employees.

Square 1.

Christopher