Re: [wg-c] Trying to close on Question 1

On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 04:37:16PM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> This is a step backwards from where we have already gone.
> It is not significantly different from the original version of
> Q1, Option 1, which does NOT command anything close
> to a consensus.

Of course there is indeed a significant difference -- Javier's
proposition is that we simply admit there is no consensus, and
report the level of support for the different options.  Option 1
didn't say that at all.

There is wide support for a limited rollout, followed by an evaluation.

> Look at what Kevin has proposed.

A obvious non-starter -- it specifies particular registry operators,
which obviously cannot be done -- any tender for registry operator
not done through an open application and selection process is simply
not going to fly.