Re: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

Mark,

> >The problem is not in the result of the vote, it is in the way you asked
> >the question. Amongst the 22 people who did not vote for option 1, there
> >are many who can live with it as second-best. The reason is that starting
> >with few gTLDs does not exclude adding more gTLDs later.
>
> However, what question 1 clearly requires is yet another round of these
> exact same arguments every single time anyone wants to expand the
> namespace some more.  How many times is it necessary we cover the
> same ground? (...)

Let us cover that ground it when we have to. We do not have to
cover it now. We can identify the existing common ground, and that
clearly is to start with a few new gLTDs as opposed to doing nothing.

Regards,

Werner

--
Tel: +41 22 312 5600  Direct line: +41 22 312 5640  http://axone.ch
Fax: +41 22 312 5601  2 cours de Rive   CH-1204 Geneva, Switzerland