[wg-c] Proposal writing

I think that those who think that a mandatory shared TLD system is not
desirable need to come up with a valid, well written proposal that
addresses the concerns of those who are advocating the mandatory
non-profit shared registry system as a mandatory model.

A clear cut proposal is needed to use as a starting point for defining
the contractual relationship between the Registries and ICANN, and
that can be used to address these concerns.

I'd like to call for a subgroup to be formed to do this.  And if the
DNSO leadership won't create it, I will create and host a list for
the purpose of drawing up such a plan that can be used as a guideline
in the discussions in support of a diverse model proposal.

Over the last few days, many on this list have raised concerns, and
provided reasonable contract provisions that would address those
concerns, and I'd like to see that work continue, and not be stalled
by distractions from those who absolutely oppose the concept and would
attempt to prevent any such plan from moving forward.

I really think that they would have a much harder time justifying a
single business model plan if a well written, clearly thought out and
debated proposal that addresses the concerns they use to justify the
demand for their model type as the only one, were to be created and
published for easy reference.

Let's hear some feedback.

I for one think that we can come up with a set of reasonable
requirements that will address the concerns of everyone on these
lists.

Volunteers?

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org