Re: Re[2]: [wg-c] Eureka?

>You are assuming the name space is scarce, and then making policy
>decisions based on that assumption.  Take a step back and lets address
>the issue of scarcity, because there is a broad diversity of opinion
>on that point, and without that point, your entire argument falls
>apart.
>
>[not that you will see this, Javier, your filters will prevent that.
>Then you have a justification for trying to explain why you ignored
>perfectly valid discourse.]

Let's step back from the issue of scarce resources - something that there
has been a reasonable amount of debate about with little forward movement
(myself included...)

> In no case the choice of gTLDs should command a specific registry to run
> it. The Internet should have the best gTLDs run by the best registry
> operators. Bundling them together probably means acquiring compromises
that
> are not in the best interest of the Internet.

In my mind, if the registry and the TLD are inextricably linked, then we
actually stand to lose TLDs over time. Is it such a bad thing to request
such a separation?

-RWR