[registrars] Re: Ballot Results Explaination

At 06:39 16-02-2000 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>With regard to PSI-Japan joining the constituency, I do not recall you
>mentioning it to me, but I do not deny that this conversation may have taken
>place.  LA was a whirl wind period of time for everyone in attendance.
>However, I would like to point out that the registrar constituency
>application is available online at:
>http://www.dnso.org/constituency/registrars/Registrars.Application.html.

Dear Michael:

You might recall our late night session during which we prepared our
objections to the DoC/NSI/ICANN agreement.  During that meeting, I was
called upon to vote twice several times.

Regarding the time for voting, seven days is a normal minimum.  [My
research, below, will show that the Constituency Charter specifies a
minimum of seven days for nominations and seven days for the election.]

Regarding your recognized excessive work load, please recall that in Berlin
I offered to set up the Votebot.  You thought there was not enough
time.  There has been considerable time since then to set it up, thereby
reducing one very troublesome and time consuming task.

I recall the woodsman who was so busy chopping wood that he had not time to
sharpen his axe.

BTW, we often discussed the fact that the votebot was set up for exactly
seven days.

Thank you for characterizing my efforts to recapitulate the facts as
"lawyerly".  I think it was more the way a good chemist would do it.  But
did you overlook the following?

Re: [registrars] Clarification - Paul Kane's Bio