Re: [registrars] Re: Drafting Committee Report

Rita & All
I was one that wanted to participate,  but I did not receive a copy of the
policy which was to be discussed until the night before the teleconference.
I was unable to review the policy adequately until after the teleconference
call was over.  I was very disappointed to see that not one of the comments
that I have been trying to get in this document over the past several weeks
was either incorporated or discussed.  You say that a lot of people are
working in it.  Who are these people and how can we talk to them?  Why is
everything so secret?  ICANN is suppose to be open forum.  I have been
trying for week to get my comments heard and all I get is ignored.

You shift the methods of communication around such one is left without
either adequate notification or adequate time to prepare.  While I can't
speak of other registrars, I am trying to development a registration
business.  My resources are stretched thin.  What you are doing makes it
very difficult to participate.  Is this deliberate on your part?  On the one
hand, you are telling the world that you are not getting much participation.
While on the other, you make it very difficult to participate and then
ignore us when we try.  You go through the motions to say we are open door,
when in fact you are not.  This is the most closed door process I have ever
seen.  An elite few appointed by a nonelected board are determining what
everyone else has to live by, and when an accredited registrar wants to
help, he is ignored.  Since I don't appear to have a say in the policy, does
it follow that I won't have a vote in it either?
Steven Coates
EnetRegistry.com