RE: [registrars] ICANN Task Force on Funding Update

While the $1.00 fee seemed to make a lot of sense when it was first
proposed, it has become a lightning rod for politicians and critics of
ICANN.  There seems to be strong consensus within ICANN that the $1.00 fee
is no longer desirable.  Also, from my time on Capitol Hill, congressmen and
senators will have a field day if the "per domain name" charge comes back
again.

Richard Forman
President &  CEO
Register.com, Inc.