Re: [registrars] Sentate act.

note that it passed only  one house so far......

Esther Dyson

At 08:04 AM 07/08/99 +0900, Robert F. Connelly wrote:
>Dear Colleagues:
>
>Just heard the news that the new anti cybersquatting law passed the U.S.
>Senate.  This is some kind of speed record for bills before the
>Senate.  Perhaps Internet time compression *really* works;-}
>
>Regards, BobC
>
>BTW, I was in D.C. from 13 to 17 June --- called on about 15 legislators
>and/or their aides "on the Hill".
>
>No one mentioned the proposed bill, which was dated 21 June.  Only
>forty-five days from being "dropped" till it passed, speed of light,
>methinks:-)  Bills of this type normally take two sessions, well over 365
>days --- if they make it at all.
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>"Never get in a peeing contest with a skunk!"
>Ulric B. Bray (slightly expurgated)

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"