[registrars] RE: [registrar] FW: Proposed Domain Name Dispute Policy

I just saw this on the Register.com Web site:

'Please note: register.com's phone number is not published on the web site
because we are required to document each correspondence in a written format,
per ICANN guidelines.'

Hello? Can Register.com or ICANN or anyone else explain how this
interpretation comes about? I cannot for a moment believe that we are going
to have a situation where all 'ICANN accredited' Registrars cannot publish
their phone numbers on the Web site. We do a huge part of our business by
phone.

Thanks,
Ivan

Ivan Pope