ICANN/DNSO
DNSO Mailling lists archives

[nc-budget]

Re: [nc-budget] Job Description for DNSO Secretariat and translations

Reference the budget implications of recent exchanges.

1. Chuck, I look forward to your redraft of the job description. I believe
your suggestions are on target. Do ensure that the current split with four
objectives is maintained. If necessary repeat tasks under the objectives.

2. Translations
I am preparing a budget (cost side) based on the job descriptions
objectives. I will also include under each objective "essential" and
"optional" items.

We can debate which should go where later but for now I will put
translations under "optional". How much is an interesting question. It is
like the provision of public health care - there will always be demand for
more than can be provided no matter the quality of provision. I will pencil
in USD 10,000 pa and we can change that once we have greater detail on what
we want to translate and into which languages.
Philip