ICANN/DNSO
DNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga-nominations]

[ga-nominations] Acceptance of Nomination

1a. Full name of the nominee: Joop Teernstra
1b. E-mail address of the nominee: terastra@terabytz.co.nz
1c. Background information about the nominee:

Age 56. Married, two teenage children.
Law degree from Amsterdam University; owner of a small webdesign company in
New Zealand.
Independent.
Founder of the Cyberspace Association, a bottom-up organization seeking
representation for Individual Domain Name Holders in the DNSO;
(www.democracy.org.nz/idno/)
Creator of the Polling Booth, a secure on-line Polling/Voting  tool
designed to help make on-line democracy easier.

Participant in the ICANN formation process since the White
paper;  participant in the drafting process of the bylaws for the DNSO
itself (Singapore).
Petitioner to the ICANN Board (Berlin, 1999) for the recognition of an
Individual Domain Name Owners' constituency.
Mover of several  GA resolutions (Santiago, Yokohama and  Melbourne)
addressing the lack of an Individual DN holders' constituency in the DNSO.
Active participant in WG-review, the working Goup tasked with submitting
consensus proposals on DNSO reform to the Names Council.

Recently elected Councillor for InternetNZ, (formerly ISOCNZ) the
democratically structured delegatee of .nz

1d. Statement of the nominee's objectives in the role as GA delegate to the
NC Review TF:

I will bring the perspective of the Individual Domain Name Holder as a
stakeholder in the DNS to the Task Force.
I will share my experiences with the attempted organizing of the Individual
DN holders with the other members of the  Task Force, including the lessons
learned about on-line democracy, its pitfalls and its necessity.
I will help drafting the form that such Constituency should take in order
to be stable and viable, so that the Names Council will be able to
confidently advise the ICANN Board about its inclusion.
I hope to persuade the Task Force and the Names Council, that such
inclusion will contribute to a greater viability and credibility of the
DNSO itself.

I know that this is the wish of the majority of the General Assembly.