ICANN/DNSO
DNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga-nominations]

[ga-nominations] Acceptance by Eric Dierker

   1a. Full name of the nominee: Eric Hugh Dierker
   1b. E-mail address of the nominee: eric@hi-tek.com
   1c. Background information about the nominee:
I have a very diverse background from Cowboy to Painter to Cook to
Truckdriver to Trade Representative to Jury Picker to Ski Instructor to
Colorado River Runner to International Business Director to Internet
Strategist. I hold a degree or two or,. None of them technical and all
of them philisophical.  I am born and raised in a little town at 7,000
ft in Northern Arizona, called Flagstaff, I still call that home. I have
lived in Puebla Mexico, Paris France and New York New York.  I can read
and technically right Spanish with patience, I can read French but never
got the accent and writing down correctly (although I did catch it in
Melbourne when Elizabeth suggested I was an arrogant American, because I
told her she was as beautiful as her posts, and she said it to Danny -
in French - Ouch :-}).  When I have negotiated with Presidents, really
just photo ops, I have always just thought of myself as my childrens
dad.
   1d. Statement of the nominee's objectives
       in the role as GA delegate to the NC Review TF:

This part is easy, I will take them one by one. Seperated by a line of
astericks.

DNSO operation related
     6. NC review.
          Identify key initiatives required to improve the functioning
of the NC. Propose changes for consideration by the ICANN Board where
Board authority is required.
          Timeframe: March 2001 to identify and implement by end 2001.
          Strategies*********
We must remain open to external pressures.

          6.1 Establish an interim committee to propose terms of
reference for an NC task force or other group to implement the
following:
          6.2 Consultation. Review the recommendations of WG D and the
Review task force and working group report and implement a means of
outreach and stakeholder consultation with built-in mechanisms for
fulfilling the objectives.************
This is a forgone conclusion!  What we need is to impliment what my
analysis was in the WG-Review. I work for a marketing firm and outreach
is education. What I will need help on is showing support

          6.3 GA Chair. Review the current system of election for the
General Assembly chair and propose changes if
required.*******************
Danny and Corliss are doing a great job and as a runner up I am in an
easy position to evaluate, thank goodness I did not win.  The chair must
be funded. I believe this is full time and important to us dot
commoners.

          6.4 Individuals Constituency. Review the need, uniqueness,
potential contribution and representiveness of an individual domain name
holder's constituency.********************
This is a slam dunk. I like to debate over matters that will be internal
conflicts within this organization.  I honor Joop as a brother, he is a
good man.  But my stance on this is indepenent. I have purposefully not
researched the history of previous groups. I am so unbiased and wide
open on this subject that when you as the GA tell me what to do I will
deliver it with all the passion of hellfire and brimstone.

          6.5 Language diversity. Recommend cost effective means to
provide language diversity in the context of DNSO decisions.
********************
Make no mistake this is one area where I may let you down -- I am wild
and passionate about this and I cannot let my brothers and sisters
down.  I will yell and fight and bite for this cause, although I already
have some sneaky schemes in mind to get the same result. Comprende ;-].
cam on ong!

          6.6 Consensus. Recommend to the NC a practical definition of
consensus for the purposes of NC consultation
activities.******************

What am I going to do about Sotiris and Lovell and Williams and Harald
and Walsh and some of my favorites like Corliss and Danny and Joop who
have sunk their heart and soul into this?  Oh ya Froomkin and Fausset
and Milton and even old Edlemen.  NameCritic and let us never forget
Joanna and Leah, do not forget we would be nowhere without Roeland and
expecially Mr. Morphin and Mr. Fleming. And Kristee and Cindy and
Marilyn and Sandy and Simon and Roberto and Harald. Dang without Brian
and Conant and Kent and Crockett and Earl and Elisibeth we would be
nothing.  Consensus Ha consensus we spend 7/24 - 365 together I can
reach consensus. (personal oops to anyone I missed and like).

 I will leave at the exhausting minimum.

God be with you all.